• Simultaneous scanning of 2G, 3G & 4G bands
and 2.4GHz scanning for Bluetooth activity
• LED bar graph signal level indication
• OLED display with automatic brightness control
• Alarm logging- details time, frequency, signal strength up to maximum 4096 entries
• Multiple range settings
• Cadenced vibration alert for ease of use
CPD197EU Mobile Phone Detector
CPD197EU Mobile phone detector
With GSM phones getting ever smaller, they are increasingly being used in areas where they are forbidden. This technology is also becoming the preferred medium for bugs and other surveillance devices. To combat these problems, PDA Electronics has developed the multipurpose CPD197 mobile phone detector. Advanced band-selection filtering coupled to our unique signal-detection algorithms and easy-to-use displays gives unprecedented sensitivity and selectivity for this type of equipment.
The CPD197 can detect 2G (GSM900 & GSM1800), 3G (UMTS900& UMTS 2100) and 4G (LTE800 and LTE2600) mobile phones. For situations where greater accuracy is required, and/or specific monitoring is required in areas containing multiple phones, a specially designed directional antenna system can be used with the CPD197.
The CPD197 keeps a record of all the alarms and complies totals of each type of technology detected. This information can be displayed via its Statistic Display. This allows the user to see whether there are any trends to using new technology. In prisons for instance if most of the alarms are GSM, officers will be looking for the small GSM devices. If the 3G totals are high, then officers would be looking for much larger phones.
False Alarm Protection
The CPD197 incorporates several new features to protect against false alarm indications. The first is a special software filter to reject DECT signals.
DECT phones work in a frequency band adjacent to the GSM1800 band and cannot be rejected entirely by hardware filters.
The second feature is Public Mobile Radios rejection. The CPD197 will reject a 3G alarm if a special PMR circuit detects energy in the 400-500Mhz band at the same time. This prevents prison radios from causing false alarms due to harmonic transmissions.
The large green OLED display provides the user with details such as Configuration, Alarm information, Display of past Alarms, Statistics etc.
The four soft keys allow the user to move easily between the various functions. Display brightness is automatically controlled to match ambient lighting.
- EGSM900 (880 – 915MHz)
- GSM1800 (1710 – 1785 MHz)
- UMTS 2100 (1920 – 1980 MHz)
- UMTS900 (880-915MHz)
- LTE800 (824-849 MHz), LTE2600 (2500-2570 MHz) & LTE1800 (1710-1785)
- Bluetooth @2400MHz
- PMR lockout: 400-480MHz bands >-80dBm inhibits 3G detection to avoid false alarms
- DECT & TETRA rejection >-80dBm
- GSM: -75dBm typical (on max setting)
- UMTS/LTE: -98dBM typical
- Case: 125 x65 x 30mm excluding antennas ABS to UL 94-HB; IP45.
- Weight: 170 grams (including batteries)
- Battery: 2 x ‘AA’ cells – alkaline or rechargeable NiMH.